Saturday, March 13, 2010

Kahuna Clique

I have learned a lot about how to become an active global citizen through this trip. It was so important that the group did research before going on the trip , such looking into the different cultures and places of interest that Belize had to offer. Without this knowledge, I would not have been as prepare to experience Belize. Also, the theme of sustainability is something that I want to carry with me in my future travels. It was amazing to see the different ways that Belize is sustaining itself, whether this is through maintaining its numerous cultures or being mindful of the environment. As global citizens, we should take the responsibility of sustaining the places that we visit. One way that I am taking back my experience, is through my journal. I purposely kept a very detailed journal of our adventure in order that I might share my experiences with my family and friends. This has been a very rewarding activity because it has caused my to think deeply about all the things we have experienced here in Belize. I do not think I would have gotten as much out of the trip if I did not keep a journal. Belize has been amazing, and I look forward to future travels as a global citizen.
Alisha Huffman, Physician Assistant, graduate student

No comments: