Saturday, March 13, 2010

Kahuna Clique

I am more of a global citizen now because I learned about several new cultures in Belize. I experienced many different customs and realized that people are not very different even though they may live thousands of miles away. The 9 day experience taught me that we have to live together peacefully if we want the world to be a better place for the future.

I will sustain this experience by changing my lifestyle a little bit. I'll try to conserve water and electricity more now that I experience what it was like to not have that much of it. The Belizean diet which contained a lot of carbs had made many of their citizens malnurished and short in nature. I will probably try to change my diet to be more balanced to optimize growth and health. Finally I will appreciate hot water and consistent internet so much more now that because I have not had a hot shower in over a week.

-Vincent Ngai

No comments: