Saturday, March 13, 2010

Global Citizen

I feel that I've become a global citizen on this trip by becoming more aware of the many opportunities that are offered around the world. I would never have thought to do a home stay with a Mayan family if R.T. hadn't set it up for us.
I've been keeping a journal of my experiences and taking tons of pictures, which I plan to share as soon as I get back. I will always carry this great experience with me and plan to share it with future students. There have been a few opportunities to observe the drumming of the Creole, the Mayan village we've stayed at and there are drummers here on Tobacco Caye of which I have been soaking as much information as I can in so that I can share/incorporate it in future lesson plans on music around the world.
~Leah Hawkins
Sophomore Music Education Major

No comments: